Why Do Women Get A Kick Out of Lying to Men

It’s Not You: 27 (Wrong) Reasons You’re Single Forums Welcome Why Do Women Get A Kick Out of Lying to Men

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jim
    Participant

I couldn’t get married until 39-and the sexless marriage was a total disaster.

I have always had trust issues with women. I’ve had dates cancelled just as I was about to leave the house.

From my experiences, anything that comes from the mouth of a female is a lie. They don’t want relationships. They want to have fun. This is one of the reasons why I refuse to get involved with a woman who is in her declining years, as there were many places I wanted to see and experience in my youth and couldn’t.

That woman who in her thirties or forties is reminiscing about another guy-and they admit to it. Hence, old women are out. I want someone who is as fresh to the world as I am.

I may be 47,but I spent 10 years of my life working 15-hour days with an autistic client and my “marriage” didn’t even last five years.

I realise I have a very unhealthy view, but the woman I marry must be young, as old women either have children or want another. I never got to experience the getaways with a woman, so that comes first.

Jim
    Participant

By the way, I voted for Hillary, so I’m anything but sexist.

MidlifeBookworm
    Participant

I’m not sure there’s much to be gained by “battle of the sexes” theories about who behaves worst – no doubt plenty of women could counter with tales of dating men who pretended to be single but were actually married, or other lies. I think a lot of people lie not only to other people but to themselves, so they might actually believe the lies they are saying. Everyone is fallible and no one is perfect after all.

Having been a caregiver for a long time, which only ended in the recent past, I can sympathise with a feeling of missing out on things in the past. In my case it came up as recently as last night, when I went to see a local band at the launch of their new album. I would say I was a good 15 years older than most of the crowd, and felt a bit out of place. I am glad I went because I like this band’s music, but I realised I can’t catch up on the years when I couldn’t see this sort of music live due to being a caregiver. In your position I can see why you might want a much younger partner so as to have some years of doing fun things before settling down and having children, but that doesn’t necessarily create an equivalent want or need from younger women to partner with someone much older than them. Statistics show the marriages with the best chance of success are where the man is one year older than the woman, and the more the age gap, the less likely the marriage is to succeed long-term, especially with gaps over ten years. So you might be saying a partner the same age wouldn’t work out for you, but there’s no guarantees with someone much younger either. I have never been lucky in matters of the heart and have pretty much given up (I have a disability which makes dating more of a challenge than for most though), but if you are still trying then good luck to you. If you feel you have limiting beliefs about women (e.g. that they lie a lot) or bitterness lingering over from past events I can definitely recommend getting some counselling, I have had some for a different reason and it has really helped me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.