Holiday Survival Thread

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    mamey2422
    Participant

Wishing everyone the happiest of holidays and new year! I hope everyone remembers their accomplishments and gets through any bad feelings that might be bubbling up with some ease. When I first read Sara’s NYT article, I remember feeling so relieved that someone else knew how I was feeling. Then came a whole book about it, and now this community. Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences and thoughts. It’s helping me end the year knowing that long-time singledom isn’t as rare or negative as it can seem and feel.

MidlifeBookworm
    Participant

Virtual hugs to anyone out there struggling as it gets closer to Christmas Day. I don’t feel too bad about Christmas on my own, I will be seeing my sister and her family on 27th so that will be my main celebration, but I never like answering questions about Xmas plans as I feel obliged to sound jolly when they’ll just be OK. I got a laugh from these New Yorker seasonal cocktails though :)

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/daily-shouts/seasonal-cocktails-for-your-seasonal-depression

mariposa
    Participant

Happy holidays everyone! However you’re spending it, wishing you lots of happiness and strength to get through the times when it isn’t so easy. I hope it helps us all to know that we’re not alone with this. I know it’s helped me, and I’m so grateful to this community for that. No matter what happens, I know we’ve all got this!

And to Mamey2422, Angelita, and anyone else who is travelling… enjoy!!

mamey2422
    Participant

This article covers a lot of what’s been talked about here: Single All The Way

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by mamey2422.
    courtney550
    Participant

Happy Holidays, everyone! I’ve been reflecting on my personal achievements today. Sometimes I think “that’s so small, why would that matter?” No achievement is too big or too small. I’m also focusing on what I do have and am grateful for. For me personally that is health. I’m grateful for what I was able to experience today.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.